Thursday, August 8, 2013

We Can CHOOSE to DANCE!


Life is hard.  Its complicated.  Its disappointing.  Somehow a little girl who has never been able to stand has learned how to make her spirit continually dance.  In the hundreds of portraits she has drawn of herself she is always upright  .She has never drawn herself with legs that cannot stand or cannot walk. In her latest portrait she is dancing. Dance my girl...DANCE!


So when I am tempted to feel sorry for myself, be disappointed that at middle age some of my dreams didn't "come true", be weary that every day is a struggle to parent children, to feed my soul, I can CHOOSE to dance.  It is not my body, my environment, my bad luck that determines the happiness of my soul. IT IS MY CHOICE.  Meisyn embodies this truth. 
CAN YOU CHOOSE BETTER TOO?

2 comments:

  1. She is such a Beautiful little princess..I would frame that drawing... it is beautiful just like her....such a treasure! Judy Savage

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stefani, thanks so much for sharing Meisyn with us. Reading about her makes me want to be a better person, a more thankful person. How lucky and blessed we are to have these sweet little spirits in our lives. Alicia Bird

    ReplyDelete