Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Magical and Mystic Monkey (WHOA!!)

Meisyn was commissioned to complete her very first art piece.  When I told her about her commission proposal she BEAMED. She exclaimed, "Oh I am very good drawing. I can do a great, great job for her". She wanted to know what the new mama and her waiting son looked like so I showed her this picture.
 

The mother had one requirement, "My only request for Meisyn is that she designs my art piece. I don't care if it is a house, a princess or a future hamster. There aren't any colors that I dislike and she has free range. As long as it comes from her, I know I will love it. Just please remind her that artist sign and date their work." 

Thus began the interpretations between the mother, Laura, and myself, Stefani
From: stefani@infowest.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 10:34 PM
To: Laura
Subject: Re: Meisyn
I am curious as to why all the Americans in the picture are drinking sodas? Benjamin Maurice would rather play with an octopus. Cracks me up.
Stefani

 On 21.05.2013 22:33, Laura wrote:
Ha! I just noticed the monkey climbed the apple tree and came away with a banana. Isn't that life?
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:23 PM
To: Laura
Subject: Re: Meisyn MONKEY MEANING, wow.
I LOVE that symbol. Yes, that is life in a nutshell...or an apple seed. You get what you totally did not expect.
Meisyn shared with me something else about the monkey that both of us missed. Note the monkey is sideways. This is because, "The monkey is falling...oh no! Don't fall monkey! But its okay cause hims (meaning all your family) will catch monkey. Then monkey is safe"
I believe this is the most symbolic meaning of all...
Stefani
On 22.05.2013 19:42, Laura wrote:
That is the best thing I have heard in a long, long time. I feel like I want to sit down with her so she can teach me the meaning of life. Well, maybe at least a new way to look at it. For a moment, I can almost imagine what a beautiful place this world would be if we looked at it through the eyes of Meisyn.
Did I by chance send you the most recent picture I received of Ben in the red sweat suit taken outside?
 
From: stefani@infowest.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 22, 2013 9:00 PM
To: Laura
Subject: Re: Meisyn MONKEY MEANING, wow. BEN WEARING MONKEY SHIRT?!
Say what????? I am falling off my chair now. I never showed Meisyn this picture of him. She only saw the referral ones of him in the rainbow pants. Oh my soul HE IS WEARING A MONKEY SHIRT AND PANTS!!  Makes what she said about the Monkey even more fitting. "but its okay cause hims will catch Monkey. Monkey will be safe." I am in awe.
Stefani
Laura wrote:
I had chills when I noticed that today and I have chill bumps again. Monkey will be safe. Promise
Laura

1 comment:

  1. I love this so much. I will cherish my art as well as the meaning forever.

    ReplyDelete